Thursday, September 07, 2006

To America, To Love, To The Journey

By Colin McLeod Hae Na

Oh Great Glory, How have you been? Twas yester-year that i left you. have pity on me if disgrace i have given you. show me your mercy kind country for the stereotypes i have filled and commend me for those i have shattered. I have seen you in eyes of many a men, women and children. Eager eyes sprinkling with joy, caustic smears of revulsion, Scathing Jams of voice and limb delivered from the pain of a suffered life. what matters least has been delivered most. I have watched the images painted upon my being all for a name. Your Name. I have been yelled at, been scammed, been acosted, been ignored all for a label. I have been accepted, with no regards to name, nor image of poverty or wealth, for simply me the soul that resides in this body. I have laughed at you, gawked with others, missed you, loved you, dont think i've kissed you. I have learned from you and about you.

I have watched my hair grow from buzz curls to afro preemo.
I have grown hair, shaved hair, grown a little, Shaved, Grown and Shaved partially: waiting just waiting for the real thing to grow in.
I have watched the colors my hairs have changed and the white patch on my leg reside in peace.
I have added ornaments to my wrist, painted my chest, hung crystals about my neck.
I have trimmed, picked, gnawed at and even sliced my nails on many occasions.
I have compared, contrasted; observed, totaled, been stuck in,the familiars, the odd the freaky, the madd, the joy, the everything i am not, you are not have not been and never will be.

yes i've seen your colors, i have seen mine own.
And after 1 cycle of this planet around the bigger sol, outstanding the gravity that pulls you back to home, i begin to humble, i begin to care less of where my physical location is and more of where I Am and Who I Am.

Who Am I?

In past times when this philisophical rants, and logical talks of the mind and enlightenment were so ingrained in my head, when the simple feeling reigned all. and i would meet people, i would watch them, talk with them, but didnt know them, they were so strange, so different, or maybe so similair. i would ask myself a question, almost incredulously i would saw: "who are you?" and i would accept them for the unique fun loving beings we all are.

It has been one year since Yorik found his way in the face of George Bush Senior. HEHE.

It has been one year.

And it may be one more.
And it may be two more.
And it may be no more.

For now, I call to the sound of Sleep, my right eye has become lazy. My left just blinked.
For i shall add to this, so please come back.

Good night World. Sleep well, Wake well, Breathe well, Live well, Do well, Love well.

We belong to eachother, We are Connected, Everything Is. I say Hello, You say Goodbye and we meet on the otherside.

it's times like these: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Its always time.

Colin



Mumbai

Celebration. Salvation Army Hostel, Mumbai, India : April 8, 2006


India

Scarf Shopping. Varanassi, India : June 8, 2006


India

Airplanes, Cookies and a whole lotta Smiles. McLeod Ganj, India : July 4, 2006


India

Sureen & Priyanka Colin's farewell. Dehli, India : July 18, 2006


India

The Last Train Ride. Udaipuir - Mumbai, India : July, 26, 2006


IOW, England

Lunch out with Granny and Friends. Isle of Wight, England : August 8, 2006


Reading Festival

Working at Reading Festival(80k +). Reading, England : August 28, 2006


Brighton

Promenade The Brighton Pier. Brighton, England : September 4, 2006

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

once while I was on my bed, I saw a spider crawling on my wall. It wasn't very unusual.

September 22, 2006 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home